Just a quick thought this morning - this is something I think about *every* time I'm driving and see a billboard with someone's face on it...well, not just anyone's face...I'm talking about local business owners who think it's a great idea to place his/her (usually his!) smiling face on their billboard looming above busy highways.
Some that I've seen - the owner's of car & motorcycle dealerships, appliance stores, etc. From my visual experience, the 'face' itself seems to always be that of a middle-aged, not-so-attractive man! --sorry guys! Definitely not trying to be malicious here - just honest!
I'm wondering if having a mostly unknown face on a billboard actually increases the bottom line...or is this an effort to brand the business with the face? Do people come into the store/dealership/office excited to meet the smiling face they see every morning driving into work?
If we're sticking with the whole honesty theme here...I'm guessing the 'mug on a billboard' phenomenom is more about owner ego than it is about a proven method to increase sales.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't know who you are but you seem like an incredibly smart woman!!! Would you like to go out with me? I am 5'5", a little balding up top and I own washer/dryer repair shop. but I must warn you that I currently lease a billboard and my face is all up on that shit!!! Hit me up if you wanna hook up.....my email is dropitlikeitshot@hotmail.com
Whizzer..is this you??!!
Or T-Bone...perhaps G-Money?
Post a Comment